Saturday, February 25, 2012

7000 Bracelets of Hope Blog Hop


Hi everyone! I've joined in again to create a bracelet for the Global Genes Project.  This hop is hosted by Erin Fickert-Rowland of Elysianstudiosart.com and Christine Altmiller of OneKissCreations.blogspot.com


If you've never heard of the Global Genes Project, I copied this straight from their website. I think they can say it so much better than I can.




  • GGP is a global rare disease awareness and education campaign that has been developed by the rare disease community for the rare disease community.













  • GGP is also a platform that provides tools and resources that aid rare disease foundations in new unique ways to fundraise.










  • We have been given the opportunity to help put a little cheer in the lives of the families, by making a bracelet to show our care and concern for their struggles.  Here is the bracelet I chose to make for the project.

    A Little Twist of Fate
    
    
    It is a straight Ndebele, with a little twist in the middle. I chose that to signify that twist of fate that changes our lives. And also to show that, just like the bracelet, our lives do go on. Maybe not in the same colors, but we do persevere.


    Since they ask us to make it an adjustable bracelet, I chose to create a clasp with chain and a jumpring.  This way, it can be worn by a variety of sizes.

    Initially, I added the jean to the ends, to signify the name of the project, but I decided it just didn't work for me.

    I had a great time making this, just as I did last time. If I get a chance, I have one more idea that I'm working on for the project. Stay tuned for updates!


    Here is the list of participants. Please go see all the cool bracelets created for this wonderful cause.


    Update: For some reason the links were not working on my page. Please go here for the list of participants.

    35 comments:

    1. What a great bracelet looks very difficult.

      Beautiful work!!!

      I like how you added the links for sizing looks nice with the bead work.

      ReplyDelete
    2. Completely in love with your bracelet, it must have taken ages and I love the thought you put into your design!
      Niky

      ReplyDelete
    3. Shirley,
      Beautiful bracelet love the design and the meaning behind the design.
      Therese

      ReplyDelete
    4. Wow - This bracelet looks like it took a ton of work! Great job!

      ReplyDelete
    5. What a lovely bracelet! I love your "twist" in it - both the actual twist, and your reasoning for it. Someone is going to be very happy with this, I'm sure.

      ReplyDelete
    6. Whoh,...this is amazing! Love it!! I really like the twist and what it symbolizes and I think the jeans added to it would be cool, too - glad you showed the picture w/it both ways.

      ReplyDelete
    7. Oh My Weaving Goodness~~~This is beautiful! They symbolism and thought and truths that went into this are wonderful. This looks like such a comfortable bracelet and is sure to become a favorite of the recipient. Thank you so much for sharing your talent and time in this Hop!

      ReplyDelete
    8. I wish I knew how to do things like this! Beautiful!

      ReplyDelete
    9. This so spoke to me – I constantly oscillate between creating/consuming and feel guilty when my reading pile or my google reader backs up to the point of overload…I feel better after reading your post here. I guess a lot of us are in the same boat…I like your guidance to set aside time EVERY day to create though

      ReplyDelete
    10. Oh I love this! Some mother is going to be so thrilled to receive such a beautiful piece! Nice to meet you!

      ReplyDelete
    11. this is SO cool! I am in awe of this kind of work & the artists who do it ;)

      ReplyDelete
    12. Beautiful bracelet - I love the story about the "twist" in the center. I'm sure that will hold great meaning for someone. Great job!

      ReplyDelete
    13. Gorgeousness! I love the colors you chose and the significance of the design. It is such an elegant piece, and I know whoever receives it will feel special and loved! Thank you so much for joining us for this hop!

      ReplyDelete
    14. Very nice - your recipient will have a wonderful bracelet to wear!

      ReplyDelete
    15. I am in awe of your beadweaving skills...something I have tried but simply cannot grasp! Your bracelet is truly beautiful!

      ReplyDelete
    16. Just to let you know, none of the links you included to the other participants sites work. Hopefully you can fix the problem.

      ReplyDelete
    17. A beautiful bracelet with very meaningful symbolism for all ;) Am sure the recipient will love it!

      ReplyDelete
    18. Beautiful beadwork. I love that you took the time to think about symbolism with the bracelet. It's always wonderful to be able to tell stories with our jewelry.

      ReplyDelete
    19. I love the two color twist and your explanation about it :) I hope you include that with the bracelet!

      ReplyDelete
    20. This is definitely a bracelet that can be worn everyday. And, your twist and the symbolism in it is really awesome!

      ReplyDelete
    21. This stitch is so comfortable to wear!! Your beadwoven bracelet is wonderful and I love the symbolism behind the color twist!! Perfect!

      ReplyDelete
    22. Awesome stitching Shirley. What a very meaningful and beautiful bracelet. The recipient will be so blessed!

      ReplyDelete
    23. Shirley u rock! Gorgeous and vibe behind it! Amazing!

      ReplyDelete
    24. My goodness Shirley, what a beautiful and intricate design! Your special bracelet will surely be treasured.

      ReplyDelete
    25. Beautiful...I really like the twist and the symbolism!!

      ReplyDelete
    26. Beautiful bracelet! I love the thoughtfulness that went into both its design and its name. The person who puts this on their wrist will not only see its beauty, but will feel its purpose. Lovely ...

      ReplyDelete
    27. Beautiful beadwork, and a gorgeous design. Your color choice is perfect, and I love the symbolism of the twist.

      ReplyDelete
    28. Shirley I love your bracelet! How clever, putting the twist in the middle! It will be worn with love I'm sure, I hope you attached a note with the meaning of the twist, it's awesome!

      Hugs, Mandy

      ReplyDelete
    29. Oh Shirley! I love the bracelet and the name. How sweet of you to use that as inspiration. Who ever wears this will have you on their side!

      ReplyDelete
    30. Pretty cool bracelet for a great cause!

      ReplyDelete
    31. Thank you for dropping by my blog for the Bead Soup Blog Party,and for your kind comments. :) Congrats on this beautiful bracelet for a beautiful cause. My son is a special needs kiddo, so I am truly touched when someone reaches out in this way. Blessings, Alesha

      ReplyDelete
    32. Shirley, you won the RAW book on Beading Arts! cyndi @ mazeltovjewelry dot com

      ReplyDelete

    I'm thrilled you stopped by! Thanks for your words of wisdom.