Monday, November 21, 2011

Thankful

My how time flies! It has been 3 whirlwind years since we moved to the coast. I was a very unwilling participant in this plan. Today I can say that I am thankful I listened to God, and followed His direction for our lives. It did take a while. So, if you are in the midst of a storm, be patient.
My life has been so enriched by so many things. We have a truly special group of acquaintances and friends here now. So different from the folks we hung out with in Tennessee. But that's ok too.
The weather here is drastically different. Lots of humidity, sunshine, heat, humidity, growing things we're allergic to, humidity....but there is also a special beauty in living on the coast that you just can't duplicate.
This bird, an anhinga, is originally from Brazil, and now migrates here.
The very frightening (to me) bridge in Charleston. That is one looonnngggg sucker.
Truly beautiful sunsets
Such peaceful waves.

The salt marsh, a fascinating area of the coast.



I am privileged to be a part of CBS Bible Study program at a local church. This non-denominational program helps women really dig deep into the Bible, to study, understand, and apply God's Word to our lives today. The program here also offers a homeschool class, so my children are studying the same subject matter that I am, just at their level.

I am so extremely grateful to have found all the amazing people here in blogland. I have learned, laughed, cried, and enjoyed the stories, comments, teaching, knowledge, and just sheer wonderfulness of people met thru blogging. Yes, I know we all have our hairy moments. But for the most part, we are all a community of niceness. Of supporting one another, of sharing with each other, of encouraging thru comments when people share a glimpse into their lives, bare bones and rough.  I am thankful from the bottom of my heart for this journey God has me on, and that you are a part of it. 
Have a Blessed Thanksgiving! Shirley

4 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous sunset! Reminds me of Wilmington, NC, where I lived for a little while. Gotta love those palm trees!

    Funny thing, but I tried very hard not to have to move there, but it ended up being exactly what I needed in so many ways.

    Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Thanksgiving Shirley, I'm glad we met through the world of blogging. Your comments are always full of smiles.
    Therese

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shirley, you are one of the nicest, kindest bloggers out there. You always find the best in people.

    Wonderful photos, these make me want to hop on a plane.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this post. I would SO love to live on a coast (any coast). You're near Charleston? What a beautiful city. We had some lovely vacations at Kiawah Island many years ago!

    ReplyDelete

I'm thrilled you stopped by! Thanks for your words of wisdom.