Friday, November 4, 2011

I love beading!

My computer has died, life is a whirlwind, but thru it all, I can lose myself in beading! I'm so very grateful to all you awesome folks out there that keep issuing beading challenges! I'm participating in Beading Babes this month, and I'm so very thrilled with both of the pieces. I'll give you a little sneak peak of one of them.
I'm so very thrilled to get to use my JulsBeads on this project. The colors are awesome. The lovely Betsy at RedPandaBeads helped me pick colors for the project. Some of the ones we picked didn't work once I got them all together, but I think the ones I picked worked beautifully.
I also decided to make a Christmas ornament. I don't usually like beaded ornaments. For some reason, they don't generally appeal to me. However, the one in the new Bead and Button did strike a chord. I am very happy I have used up some of my bead stash on this one. However, the bad thing is, in order to finish it, I need more beads! :) Anyone ever had that problem??
 This is the upper portion of it, just starting on the fringe. Why did I chose those colors? Cause that's what I had, of course! That's what you're supposed to do when you're trying to decrease the bead stash, right? Also, the only pearls I could find in 4mm and 6mm were...white. 
I think it's just something in the air right now, but there's just so much talent all over the internet right now, it's just inspiring me!!!
In case you were getting worried that the other portion of my blog was getting neglected, I'm making Ezekiel bread tomorrow! I've never had the store bought, but I have been assured by folks that have, that mine is totally awesome compared to it. I think it's pretty yummy, and it's healthy! So there!
Blessings, Shirley

13 comments:

  1. Love, love the snowflake! A truly delicate and serene combination.
    Hope you fixed your computer problem. It's amazing how much we rely on this machine on a daily basis, even for the most mundane things.
    As for bead destashing, tricky, tricky...I always end up buying more beads.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh, gorgeous browns and peacock blues. And I love your start on the ornament. Like you, I've never been attracted to beaded ornaments but this one looks promising. I let my subscription to B&B expire. Will have to run out and get this issue! Thanks for the look...and the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've heard of Ezekiel bread before. Mr. Sequin also bakes bread, so I'll have to pester... um... I mean ask him to give it a try. :)

    I'm loving the projects you're working on! White and gold is such a pretty combination.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG we so need to talk!!!!! Love your work sista!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Shirley, Wow I love your choice for the dangles on the necklace. I just finished mine today and getting ready to start the Earthly Hues necklace. I felt the same way about the ornament in this month's B&B I have everything but the tear drop pearls. I like the colors you chose for the ornament.
    Therese

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loved the title of this post!!! can't wait to see the finished products of these pieces. I am also inspired by the most recent beading publications to do an ornament!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm in love with that snowflake! I think it's going to be beautiful when it's done!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those julsbeads are lovely and pick up the color perfectly! ...uh who doesn't need more beads? : )

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh Shirley - I'm right there with you! Beading is one of my great joys. It fills my needs both for quiet time and meditation and also to create and explore.

    Love your two sneak peaks! Can't wait to see more.

    And I too am unfamiliar with Ezekiel bread.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Shirley, I totally recognized the Julsbeads even before I read the post! LOL Gorgeous beadwork on both pieces!
    {Hugs!}

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such beautiful things, Shirley! You're so talented. Running out of beads at almost the end of a project seems to be catching! Although with all the beads I brought home from Calif, I probably will never run out of beads again! Gads, I have a lot of new beads!!!

    ReplyDelete

I'm thrilled you stopped by! Thanks for your words of wisdom.