Monday, August 15, 2011

Teaser, Got My Soup, and a HUGE Thank You Lori!!

Ok, just to warn you, this post will probably not make a lot of sense, cause I'm totally jumpin' up and down excited!!!  Played with Picnik forever today to get my teaser pics the way I wanted them, so here they are...

Mallory, I really, really hope you enjoy your soup, cause I gotta say....WOW!!!
I was so blown away when I got my package!!  Yes people, I will be venturing out..way outside my comfort zone....wanna see???
Check out the lovely packaging! Totally rocks.
So, that's all ya'll wanted to see, right?? No?  Well, then let's take a closer look, k?
 Can you believe this focal? Oh, I am just drooling all over it, good thing it's glass!

And the back is as pretty as the front!  I was still gasping over it, then my eye landed on....

 This baby! Oh lordy, this picture so does not do it justice! The swirls in the bead are just creamaliscious. (like my new word?)
You know I would have been over the top happy with just that, right? But no, here comes even more beautiful goodies!
 Awesome mix of stone chips, some really cool spacers in luscious orange, chocolate brown with a hint of red, and vanilla swirl. The far right are some sweet irregular shaped pearls. (I know there's a proper name, but I'm kinda, you know....giddy, right now)

LOVE this knarly, tough chain, and I'm super excited about the headpins. I've been wanting to buy some for a while now.

 Here's another shot of the clasp. Can you see those colors?


 I don't know diddly about stones, so all I can tell you is they are beautiful! A translucent wonder of reds, oranges, creams, and darker red shading to brown. You can see the bumpies on a couple of the spacers back there. Really cool!
All right, I know I probably used the word cool about 25 jillion times, but seriously, words just fail me.
The third topic of this post is the most important. Ya'll really can't know how thankful I am to Lori Anderson for setting all this up. I am a hobby beader, so I don't sell my stuff. That means that my beadwork doesn't give any return to our finances. I could not afford to make purchases of the quality and quantity that Mallory has sent to me.  I am so very grateful to both of them for their generosity and talent. Thank you both, so much!!!
Blessings to all, Shirley




22 comments:

  1. Ohhhhh such lovely looking treasures, looks like your going to have lots of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can totally understand why you are giddy!!Awesome soup!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are gorgeous Shirley. You are going to have so much fun.
    On another note. I've made my first pair of earrings with the beads we swapped a month or so ago and have at least 2 other things planned with the rest. I'll be posting a pic of the beads you sent me and the earrings probably in another day or so. I just don't want it to get mixed up with the Bead Soup posts. Thanks so much.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Shirley, that is a great soup mix and you are going to have so much fun working with those beads. I love the focal and the clasp they are amazing.
    Therese

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad you liked the soup! I know I'll love mine! Enjoy! I'll be anxious to see what comes from your soup!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very, very cool assortment of luscious beads, Shirley! Can't wait to see what you do with them!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful selection !! Did your partner make that focal??? Glorious!!! Be Happy and Bead On girl!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very nice mix of goodies! You will have so much fun creating with them :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Let the party begin! Great bead soup mix...reminds me of 7 bean soup! YUM...have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful beads....love that focal and the clasp is so unusual. Can't wait to see what you create with all of it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous soup, Shirley - I dont blame you for being so giddy!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a wonderful soup - can't wait to see what you'll make!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What terrific Bead Soup ingredients! Can't wait to see what you cook up!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ooo ! Can't wait to read about the fun you have coming up with the right design(s) for them all!

    And I totally understand both the squealing-jumping-joys you got going on, because I get just as giddy over receiving bead grab bags when I order them ( despite the fact I rarely use any of the beads I get... they are SO pretty and sparkly :D ) Plus, I too am a hobby beader and what I don't keep I give away. I keep saying I should set a bunch of stuff aside and try doing a craft sale or something but...*shrug* eh.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow! I wouldn't even know where to begin with those lovely beads! While the focal is absolutely gorgeous, I think my favorite thing in that little treasure is the clasp. Maybe because wire work stumps me every time... and I'm in awe of things I can't do. Can't wait to see what you come with!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh how wonderful! I'm so glad you're happy! You have a great partner!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love your soup and smiled when I heard your reaction...I love getting little parcels!...your partner was very generous.
    Jenni

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh snap Shirley! Those are gorgeous!!!! Can't wait to see what you do!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow, you really hit the Mother Lode on this one! Love, love, love that wonderful clasp. And those translucent red, orange, cream stones look like beautiful Carnelian (which I adore).
    You are now faced with the hardest part of all, deciding which of a million and one designs to choose from. No matter I'm sure whatever you make will be absolutely gorgeous. :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Awesome soup!! And I love the spoon props for the photos. Super cute! I can't wait to see everything yo do!

    ReplyDelete
  21. your soup looks goof. Can;t wait to see what you make

    ReplyDelete
  22. Bead Soup is such fun! Thanks for your very kind comments about my wire wrapping.

    ReplyDelete

I'm thrilled you stopped by! Thanks for your words of wisdom.