Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Perspective

So, this has been on my mind for a few weeks. For lots of different situations, I would realize that perspective is what makes the difference. When you are a child, your home may seem huge to you. When you go back to visit as an adult, it feels much smaller. I can remember telling my dad that I couldn't wait to get taller than him. As a kid, that was an exciting event. As an adult, looking at my father's slightly stooped shoulders, I would've given anything to be his little girl looking up at him again.
When you are working on a jewelry design, your interpretation of the colors or design are what influences your perspective of the project. I just received some lovely beads from a bead swap. I told my partner that I like bold contrast colors, like black, maroon, purple, cobalt, etc.  Her perspective of those colors was totally different than mine. And I love it!  Wanna see??

 Look at this gorgeous donut.

 The green ones on the cute handmade pouch have deep forest green/black streaks, and the glass chips are black at one end, and transparent green at the other.


 Some lovely jasper ovals and rounds.

 Awesome copper focal with Texas stamped into it, and some twisted copper rings.

 Textured copper washers.


 Don't have a clue on the type, but I love these little guys. Kinda cherry orange blush.
This is exactly why I love swaps, cause you get the benefit of someone else's perspective.

Ever been having a really rotten day, and then talk to someone who shares a bit of their story with you? Usually God throws someone at me who has just been told they have cancer, or just been in a car wreck, or it's the anniversary of their child's death. You know? Those things that make you utterly ashamed of having your pity party, and utterly thankful of the burdens you do have in your life.
 Perspective. Makes all the difference.
Blessings, Shirley

4 comments:

  1. I love the beads you got in the swap and congatulations on winning the swarovsky giveaway.
    I know just what you mean by perspective. It never fails when you feel like you are at your lowest there is always someone lower.
    Therese

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome swap beads Shirley! They are really pretty, can't wait to see what you have in mind for these. :-) Hope you are having a wonderful summer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool beads :D I enjoy seeing things from other perspectives, opening the heart and mind to new avenues...
    Look forward to seeing how you use those beauties.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great post, got me thinking about a lot of things going on in my life right now.
    I love bead swapping and I'm looking forward to Lori's bead soup.

    ReplyDelete

I'm thrilled you stopped by! Thanks for your words of wisdom.